Arch Street United Methodist Church - a reconciling congregation
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Grace Cafe @ Arch Street UMC
55 North Broad Street
(215) 568 6250
Arch Street UMC's Grace Cafe
The next generation of Grace Cafe* operates every Sunday Evening from 5:30PM to 7:30PM featuring local musicians, a simple meal and shared stories. All of the congregation's neighbors, especially center city's most vulnerable citizens, those currently experiencing homelessness, are welcome to attend, volunteer and share their talent.
There are several volunteer opportunities that will support the Grace Cafe ministry:
1. Volunteers arrive at 5:00PM to set up the room; prep and set out the food.
2. Volunteers provide a hot meal for about 100 guests. Coffee, tea and other beverages are provided by ASUMC.
3. Volunteers provide musical or other entertainment for at least a 1/2 hour.
4. Volunteers collect and deliver blankets and toiletries for distribution.
5. Volunteers meet, greet and share with Grace Cafe guests during the Sunday Evening program.
6. Volunteers assist with distributing flyers announcing the program on Sunday Evenings from 5PM to 6PM.
7. Volunteers with graphic arts skills are needed to develop posters, flyers and other materials that promote the program.
Parking is available on Broad Street during Sunday Evenings and by arrangement at other times through the church office (215) 568 6250. Volunteering at Grace Cafe is a great way to gain first-hand knowledge of homelessness - its root causes and sustainable solutions.
Contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your volunteer adventure!