Ministry with Children @ Arch Street United Methodist Church
Mission Statement: Ministry with Children at ASUMC engages children with the stories and characters of The Bible to foster healthy, hopeful and holy living; and assists children in discovering the joy and responsibility of following Jesus.
Children's Ministry Coordinator
- Sunday School will be from 9:45am to 10:45am every week.
- The curriculum we will be using is called Rock Solid. It is published by Cokesbury, a Methodist book publisher, with a specific focus on faithful living.
- Additional information on the curriculum--including sample lessons--can be found at its website, iamrocksolid.com.
- Any questions, concerns, or ideas are VERY WELCOME. Please contact Jazzmen, even if it is just to introduce yourself!
- The ASUMC Children's Ministry launches on Sunday, November 3, 2013 with all of the children and youth developing and rehearsing this year's Chirstmas Play. Play rehearsals will continue each Sunday in November.
- The Christmas Play will be presented right after the 11:00 am worship service on Sunday, December 16, 2013.
- Sunday School begins with the telling of the stories related to Advent and Christmas on Sunday, December 1, 2013.
- Please see Google Calendar at the bottom of the page for a more detailed calendar. The descriptions of the weekly Sunday School classes will soon have the volunteers listed for each week as well as the planned Sunday School lesson for that Sunday.
Volunteers are needed. Anyone interested in serving as a volunteer should contact the church office (215) 568 6250.
- Two volunteers will be needed every week, with a third volunteer needed the Sundays that Kristen is away.
- Volunteers would be asked to provide a snack the Sundays they volunteer.
- Additional volunteer and leader resources can be found on Rock Solid's website here.
For more information and to volunteer to help please contact Kristen (see above information).
- storage bins
- thumb tacks
- poster board
- markers (washable)
- crayons (twistable)
- pencils and pens
- copy paper
- construction paper
- sharpies, bic markers
- clorox wipes
- paper towels
- hand sanitizer
- hole punch
- other arts and crafts supplies